We can make a difference.
The Robin Hood Gala benefits the Skid Row Housing Trust, a registered 501(c)(3) organization that provides permanent supportive housing so that people who have experienced homelessness, prolonged extreme poverty, poor health, disabilities, mental illness and/or addiction can lead safe, stable lives in wellness. The trust offers more than 1,800 homes to individuals who have experienced homelessness.
- There are approximately 55,000 individuals experiencing homelessness in the Los Angeles County area.
- Despite efforts over the past decade, the crisis is growing.
- The number of those living in the streets and shelters of the city of L.A. and most of the county surged 75% — to roughly 55,000 from about 33,000 — in the last six years.
L.A. Homeless Demographics:
- 9% are under age 18.
- 31% are female.
- 15% are in family units (often headed by a single mother).
- 16% are physically disabled.
- 18% of 18+ homeless population have substance abuse disorders.
- 30% of 18+ homeless population suffers from serious mental illness.
- 34% of 18+ homeless population were victims of domestic/intimate partner violence.